Ψ(｀∇´)Ψ ヽ(´―｀)ノ (*´д｀*) (´・ｪ・｀) ヽ(;´Д｀)ﾉ
Japanese Emoticons on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)
For those who switched to Mac and wondered how you can input Japanese Emoticons, here’s how you do it. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, please head over to Japanese Emoticons 1
for an interesting read on Japanese smileys.
Head over here
and download kaomoji.zip.
02. Uncompress the archive and you’ll get a directory called “かおもじ” and a PDF file called “かおもじ.pdf”. All you need is the “かおもじ” directory.
03. Copy or move the “かおもじ” directory to /Users/yourusername/Library/Dictionaries
04. Open the input menu on the top right hand corner of your screen and select Kotoeri Preferences.
05. Select “Dictionary“. If “かおもじ” is selected but “Open” is not grayed out, then select it and click on “Open“. You may now close the window.
06. Head to the comment section on this page, switch your input to Japanese and type “かおもじ” and cycle through the list till you find your favorite face. Leave me a comment. （＾ω＾）
Japanese Emoticons on the Mac is much easier to install on Windows isn’t it.